How to Find Brigadoon
For one day every year, Bundanoon is Brigadoon in the Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia. Bundanoon is one and a half hour’s drive south from Sydney, one and a half hour’s drive north from Canberra, and 45 minutes inland from Wollongong and the Shoalhaven. The Highland Gathering takes place at the oval, a short walk from the town.
How to get there – by car.
Note that the main roads from Mittagong through to Sutton Forest, and Robertson through to Moss Vale are highways. All other routes mentioned below are country roads. Please drive with caution.
Take the F5 Freeway (Hume Highway) to the Southern Highlands. On arrival you have three options:
- Take the Mittagong exit and follow the main road through Bowral, Moss Vale, Sutton Forest turn left, to Exeter and on to Bundanoon;
- Continue on the Hume Highway and exit left at Golden Vale Road to Sutton Forest, turn right at the end, follow the road and turn left onto the Bundanoon Road follow through Exeter to Bundanoon;
- Continue to the Illawarra Highway turnoff exit left follow the road through to Sutton Forest, turn right onto Bundanoon Road and follow through to Exeter and onto Bundanoon
Take the Federal Highway and Hume Highway north to Goulburn and on to the Highlands. On arrival you have three options:
- Take the Bundanoon exit on the right just past the Marulan Truck Station, then follow a winding country road through Tallong, Wingello and Penrose to Bundanoon;
- Take the next exit in the highway signposted Bundanoon, turn right follow into Wingello, cross the railway lines turn left and follow the road through Penrose onto Bundanoon.
- Take the Exeter/Bundanoon exit on the left at the Sally’s Corner (McDonalds) – turn right to cross the bridge – then follow along to the main road at Exeter village, turn right for Bundanoon.
- Take the freeway south, then turn right at the roundabout for the Illawarra Highway near Albion Park. Follow the highway up Macquarie Pass, through Robertson and Moss Vale, turn left at Sutton Forest then follow the road through Exeter to Bundanoon;
- bypass Moss Vale take the Nowra Road turnoff on the left just before the town, turn right at the next intersection into Yarrawa Road, veer left at the next intersection (follow the sign to Bundanoon) through Werai and Exeter keeping on the left hand side of the railway at the village, then turn left at the end of the road for Bundanoon
Take the Moss Vale Road exit north of the city through to Kangaroo Valley and Fitzroy Falls. At Fitzroy Falls go straight ahead towards Moss Vale, and follow the signs to Bundanoon (you do not need to go through Moss Vale itself). This country road leads to Exeter – keep on the eastern side of the railway line until you reach the main road near the railway bridge – turn left to Bundanoon.
Where to Park
Please note that the road on the western side of the railway line at Bundanoon is closed during Brigadoon (except to Coaches and emergency vehicles). When you reach Bundanoon just follow the P signs to the parking area. One route goes along Railway Avenue from the north and there is street parking available in the side streets (Brigadoon Drive, Rosenthal Ave and William Street). Park and walk back to Railway Avenue to pick up a Courtesy Bus. Alternatively, continue on through the village to Jordan’s Crossing parking on the other side of the railway line. Disabled parking and coach parking is available, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions